This is an adorable dog of my cousin's named Yang Yang =D i borrowed this photo from her so that i can draw a digital portrait of him.
This is how i started. Firstly, use a brush to roughly paint the figure. I was using pastel brush if not mistaken because it can certainly give him a fluffy look ^^"
Different shades of brown were used in the painting to bring out its features.
After that, i drew its nose. I made it bigger than it actually is =D
More shadows was added under the nose, chin and etc..
Eyes and blushes on his cheek were painted.
Next, Highlights of the fur was added.
Followed by little details of the fur so that he doesn't look dull.
Last but not least, the leash and the background were painted.
The portrait of Yang Yang was finally completed !
Hmmm..it looks quite different from the original photo >< But close enough ^^"

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
Maybe it looks a bit different from the original, but still I think it's pretty awesome! Well done! And it's an adorable drawing too ^-^! You should post more of your painting more often! And of course Yang Yang looks really cute as well :).
ReplyDeleteBoth the original one and the drawing look so cute~! I can't even decide which one is cuter ^^
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the comments on my blog :3 You're right about 'practice makes perfect', I try to improve my drawing skills when I have free time ^^
Hana
(from http://momotanihana.blog.fc2.com/)