Thursday, 1 November 2012

Unforgettable

Here are some photos taken during my sampling field trip.

In case you're interested, this is what I'm doing:
I'm doing a research on a bacteria species which causes food poisoning in humans and I have to get the bacteria samples from soil, water and small animals. So I followed the zoology students into the jungle to accomplish my mission.

The sampling site is a recreational park which took us 6 hours to reach from our campus.

The "victims" caught. Don't worry, we'd already let them go which means that there was no killing of animals =)

I always thought that bats are scary because they always appear in horror movies. After having a close contact with them, I realized that they're actually cute (when they don't bite of course because some of them were very aggressive). See the fierce-looking bat below? Its expression read, "If you touch me, I'll bite your fingers off."

This fruit bat looks like a squirrel, doesn't it? *aww*

I couldn't say that I enjoyed the trip because I didn't have enough sleep. But it is indeed an interesting and unforgettable trip which I might only experience once or twice in a lifetime~

P/s: Sorry for the poor quality of certain photos.



Zombie signing off

1 comment:

  1. Well that's an interesting research! The park looks beautiful and those cute little animals are adorable. Especially the bat haha! The bird has beautiful colours. Too bad you didn't get enough sleep :(, I hope you can rest a lot at home.

    Haha yeah I have a mameshiba keychain, they're so adorable! Too bad they don't sell them in the Netherlands otherwise I would indeed collect them all :). Maybe I should search at ebay!

    ReplyDelete